According to a study by Nielsen, 69 percent of people use search engines to find information online.
In other words, the majority of internet users rely on search engines as their primary method of finding content on the web. With that in mind, it’s essential for businesses and website owners to understand how search engines work and how they can optimize their websites to be found by potential customers.
In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at search engines statistics and explore what they mean for your business. Stay tuned!
Editor’s Choice: Search Engine Statistics
- 93% of all web traffic comes through search engines.
- Approximately 2.2 Trillion search queries process by all search engine in each years.
- 68 percent of the online experiences normally start with the search engine.
- Latest December 2021 global search engine market share as follow: Google(91.94%), Bing(2.86%), Yahoo(1.5%), Baidu(1.37%), Yandex(1.1%), DuckDuckGo(0.67%), and all others(0.47%).
- Google captures 78% of desktop search traffic and 89% of mobile search traffic.
- Google process 63,000 search per second, 3.8 million search per minute, 5.6 billion searches per day, and approximately 2 trillion searches each year.
- Yahoo process 63.65 thousand search per minute, 2.75 billion search per months, 33 billion in year globally.
- Bing process 121 thousand search per minute, 5.24 billion search per months, 62.92 billion in year globally.
- 85 percent of those who use Bing search engine are from the United States
- 46% of all Google searches are linked to something nearby.
- YouTube is the second largest search engine with 3 billion searches every month
Search Engine Usage Statistics
- Approximately 2.2 Trillion search queries process by all search engine in each years.
- Google process 5.6 billion search per day.
- Yahoo process 2.75 billion search per months.
- Bing process 5.25 billion search pe months
Google vs Other Search Engines Statistics
- Every Second search engine process: Google (63k queries), Bing(2k queries), Yahoo(1.1k queries),
- Every Minutes search engine process: Google(3.8M queries), Bing(121k queries), Yahoo(64k queries)
- Google accounts for more than 70 percent of all worldwide desktop search traffic this year
- 63 percent of visits on Google search engine from the United States are via mobile
Search Engine User Statistics
- 85 percent of those who use Bing search engine are from the United States.
- 75 percent of people don’t scroll past the initial page of the search engines
1. Over one billion Individuals use the Google search engine every month
Google chrome web browser maintains this number of users on the desktop. However, as for mobile users, it’s over 400 million per month. This reveals a continuous position of Google in the search.
And it is a search engine used by many businesses and consumers. Mostly when in search of a new brand, service, or product. For this reason, many prioritize it in their search engine optimization strategy.
Moreover, it gives access to a wider audience, and this can result in additional sales, conversions, and traffic.
2. 63 percent of visits on Google search engine from the United States are via mobile
If you’re not already investing in mobile-friendly marketing, now would be a good time to start. This is because 63% of all Google searches from the United States are done on mobile devices and increasing your website’s compatibility with these devices will help increase your visibility for search engine optimization
3. Approximately 3.5 billion searches are carried out on Google every day
(Internet Live Stats)
Google fetches relevant results faster than Yahoo. When examining the two search engines using queries, they give the final findings faster. Moreover, it’s a much more relevant outcome than AOL.
Google provides lots of websites based on the search duration within a few milliseconds. Furthermore, the first top results do give additional suitable data. Google is also proficient enough at displaying the most appropriate sites at the top of a search list.
4. 75 percent of people don’t scroll past the initial page of the search engines
The conclusion of this study is that the majority of people use search engines to find information, and most don’t scroll past page one. If you want your business or website to be found then it’s important that you’re on the first page in a Google Search Engine Result Page (SERP)
5. 68 percent of the online experiences normally start with the search engine
It’s not shocking that more people begin online trials with just a search engine. This implies the engines are launch points for close to every web encounter. And it ranges from asking questions you need to googling web names since there is no need of inserting the entire address.
When a brand has an SEO strategy in place, it’s easy to be ahead of the users. This is from the beginning of their online ordeals. With that, they may continue visiting your site.
6. Over 90 percent of the world do use Google Search
(Internet Health Report)
Google functions at an interesting level, it processes more than 3 billion searches daily. And to acquire such numbers to be able to try another search algorithm is costly. Moreover, having them maintain that habit forever is also more expensive.
The only way a change like this can be possible is if a product introduced is ten times more amazing than Google. Though it also seems impossible. The search engine is normally faster than the others at giving results.
It can provide millions of outcomes in just less than a second. This is due to their much better technical infrastructure than the others.
7. 46 percent of all the Google searches are related to something local
(Social Media Today)
This implies that local search engine optimization is very important for lots of businesses. According to reports, more than 80percent of consumers who undertake a local search via their phones either visit or call the store. This happens within a day and it shows that conversions are very high.
Besides, more than fifteen percent of local searches result in purchases. This is more than seven percent of the ones that aren’t local.
8. 85 percent of those who use Bing search engine are from the United States
Currently, Bing controls over thirty percent of the American desktop search market. Close to half of the Americans run a search that’s powered by the engine every month. This doesn’t mean everybody goes to Bing for all their search, however many do use both Google and Bing.
Still, they use other engines too, to perform their tasks. More than fifty million people in the U.S. don’t go for Google and instead depend on the Bing search engine. Since lots of users search over one platform, there are shocking implications for the advertisers.
Tons of searchers are likely to first search on Bing. And thus new advertisers on the engine will always notice 26 percent additional searches on Google.
9. YouTube is the second largest search engine with 3 billion searches every month
(Search Engine Journal)
Youtube is user-friendly and experiences the rising popularity of video content. This is what is making it be in that position. When compared to Ask.com, AOL, Yahoo, and bing, its search volume is much higher.
And because Google owns this search engine, the video content hosted by youtube does rank well enough on it. If you want to get search traffic, you need to create videos related to topics that people search for or talk about. This ranges from commonly asked questions to viral phenomena.
10. Google accounts for more than 70 percent of all worldwide desktop search traffic this year
This is followed by other engines like Baidu, Bing, and Yahoo with all of them having less than fifteen percent. You can only win at SEO if you go by Google’s regulations. Ranking higher on Bing and Yahoo will attract people to your site.
Though firms that rank on Google are likely to get more business. And if you use the Google search console, it will allow you to realize how people nowadays get to you via searches. Therefore, the power of Google cannot be assumed in the search engine category.
If you keep up with its Algorithm changes, it will enable you to remain agile and be able to do modifications if need be.
11. 21 percent of the Google searches get numerous clicks on the results
This arises anytime the users open several tabs when they’re searching or they click on a single result. And then click back and also do the same for a different result.
12. 12.6 percent of all Google clicks go to one of the leading 100 domains
Many have been worried that search engines and search engine optimization is like one who wins and earns all the markets. And Google probably directs the majority of traffic to the top-rated domains. Besides, the actual percentage misrepresents the concern.
Over eighty percent of search clicks that are non-Google properties do go to the domains away from the top a hundred.
Although Google continues to be at the top, other search engines like Youtube, and Bing among others still maintain their relevance. And thus overlooking those engines may seem difficult for businesses. This is regardless of whether they target a niche audience or just a general consumer base.