A responsive web design isn’t only limited to changing layouts and moving images around. However, adjusting content to match the layout is also very important. Thus, you’ll enjoy an excellent user experience while using different types of devices.
In this article, we’ll look at the recent statistics regarding web design. This will help you understand the current emerging web trends and areas you can concentrate on. Let’s get started!
Editor’s Choice Statistics
- A design has got 75 percent influence on the credibility of a website.
- 94 percent of people normally judge a site based on how responsive a web design is.
- 57 percent of internet users confess they cannot recommend a business which has a badly designed web on mobile.
- 38 percent of people will avoid engaging with a site if its layout or content is unattractive.
- 38.5 percent of the web designers think an outdated design is the main reason why website guests leave the site.
- 72 percent of people prefer a mobile-friendly website.
- 88 percent of the online shoppers may not return to a website after an unpleasant experience.
- 39 percent of people will avoid engaging with a site if the images take very long to load or they cannot load.
1. 57 percent of internet users confess they cannot recommend a business which has a badly designed web on mobile
This only implies websites that aren’t mobile responsive are generally designed inappropriately. And it is because they do not offer optimal user acquaintance. Besides, no firm would want their web visitors to be cautious of referring to them.
2. 47 percent of individuals expect the loading time of a web page to be either 2 seconds or less
One of the popular reasons for a collapsing web speed is that the site gets hacked and then infected with malware. In this case, you will have to tidy up your website as soon as possible. And to do that, you can opt for one among lots of trusted solutions present in the market.
For instance Admin Tools, MalCare for a WordPress website, and many more. A slow web can result in the loss of potential clients. This can happen before they can have the opportunity to read about all the services you offer.
And for e-commerce sites, the effect can be more serious. There can be a rise in the bounce rates and abandonment of the shopping cart.
3. 72 percent of people prefer a mobile-friendly website
(Search Engine Watch)
It can be so frustrating to know that even when your website is properly made, some people will still go away. However, the truth is, a majority may remain engaged if the site is mobile-ready. Mobile phones have tiny screens and your website should adapt with various font sizes, flexible grids, and fluid layouts.
Still, having a mobile version or mobile site isn’t enough. It should be a responsive web design. This is also a fresh standard for upholding an online presence.
An appealing web design having user-friendly navigation tends to attract users.
4. 38 percent of people will avoid engaging with a site if its layout or content is unattractive
A web design making it hard for visitors to differentiate between hyperlinks and advertisements signifies a design mistake. Mostly if they are spread all over your page. You need to have different compartments for specific information.
And without this, it can be hard for users to comprehend what to prioritize and the way they can navigate the website. What makes it more awful is a design having an uneven color scheme. That is one which a designer may have preferred to offer the site for a distinctive look but then failed.
Besides, the two main important characteristics of a perfect web design are clarity and simplicity. And if developed well, a simple design becomes more attractive and memorable than any graphical satisfaction.
5. A design has got 75 percent influence on the credibility of a website
According to recent statistics, lots of clients are wary about a poorly designed website. A web design is so powerful that consumers can conclude if a business is legitimate by looking at its website. Therefore, if you need trust towards your business, you need to give people a reason for them to do so.
A web design is of greatest significance if you need visitors to trust your enterprise.
6. Websites that load slowly result in a 2.6 billion dollars loss in earnings per year
The majority of people get impatient with websites that load slowly. Reports indicate that consumers take only fifteen seconds to decide on purchases. This signifies a slow loading site can affect the determination negatively.
And thus lowering the number of fresh clients. If you are missing the points in regards to the speed of a page, you also miss the opportunity of attracting new clients.
7. 94 percent of people normally judge a site based on how responsive a web design is
As always the initial opinion matters. And with web pages, the principle is more essential. If you see a website that looks impossible to navigate, you may ignore it just like many who claim they don’t trust its web design.
This also applies to a page that cannot adjust to working out on your tablet. A lot depends on your site’s design and it can turn off your potential customers if it’s not done well. Moreover, it can also drive you down on the search results page.
And It can influence other people’s opinions about your company.
8. 48 percent of users feel annoyed or frustrated with a website that isn’t mobile-friendly
If a site isn’t designed for a mobile device it can lead to a widespread poor opinion about your business. And this can harm your firm’s reputation. Less than 40 percent Of users do feel as if they have wasted their precious time.
Furthermore, more than 50% are less likely to connect with a firm that has a bad mobile web design. And close to half claim if a site doesn’t operate properly on their phone, they do feel like the firm does not care.
9. 88 percent of the online shoppers may not return to a website after an unpleasant experience
A positive user experience entails several factors with a web design being one of them. And they contribute to how useful your site is to its users. Your design needs to drive guests without drawing them away from your content.
Moreover, the main objective is to grab their attention through developing aesthetically helpful designs. And it’s without making them ignore their reason for coming into the website.
10. More than 60 percent of mobile users go into other sites if they cannot get the stuff they are searching for soon enough
Without a mobile-friendly site, your potential competitors benefit a lot. This can be the case even if the users like your business. However, most of them claim they get in touch less if they lack a mobile-friendly site.
11. 44 percent of website guests will leave a firm’s site if there is no phone number or contact information
Without a piece of contact information, the buyers will not be able to proceed with the request for proposal. They’ll also not fill a form requesting a demo. And if applicable to your firm, consider adding detailed contact information to the footer of every page.
For instance, email, phone number, and address. You can even add a clear link on the contact page. This will enable you to establish trust and credibility. Besides, more than half of the visitors expected to see the firm’s information.
Only a few would love to see social media icons, marketing collateral, or a blog accessible from the home page.
12. 39 percent of people will avoid engaging with a site if the images take very long to load or they cannot load
This implies if a company declines to update and mend crashed images on a website, users will not like the encounter. Moreover, images can considerably slow the page’s loading time. This results in more abandonment by the users.
13. 60 percent of clients consider usability as a crucial design feature for online stores
In a survey of close to a thousand American consumers, over 50 percent of them reported that web usability is vital. Mostly for an online store. You can boost your website’s usability by employing consistency, colors, and visual hierarchy to make it very easy to use.
If you don’t understand where you can begin, a site grader. And the other data usability tools can enable you to recognize opportunities for betterment.
14. 38.5 percent of the web designers think an outdated design is the main reason why website guests leave the site
This is alongside functionality issues and a non-responsive design. The lifespan of the web is one and a half to two and a half years. And beyond this, you may need to create another design. One which is currently trending and also competitive.
15. 53.8 percent of web designers mention not being responsive to various gadgets as a major reason for redesigning a website
If your site is not responsive, you need to redesign it. Moreover, if it is well designed you will have a high conversion rate, bounce rate, and an improved user experience.
All these statistics signify a web design is vital for your website and business at large. And if you have one, you need to take note of all the stats. With that said, you’ll spend less time thinking of whatever could be wrong and lots of time on making your business successful.