What can be a great way to grow your business? Of course, the first thing that strikes your mind is how to market your business. So, that it can grab your target audience anywhere in the world. Instagram has become that platform to meet all your business marketing needs.
According to Statista, Instagram had reached One Billion monthly active users, up from 800 million in September 2017 and they are continuously growing with the passing years.
Here we will tell you the 20 Instagram and business statistics that will convince you to choose Instagram as your marketing strategy for this year.
Key Statistics On Instagram And Business
- 200 million Instagram users visit at least one business profile daily
- 4 million businesses use Instagram Stories ads every month.
- 90% of Instagram users follow a business
- 36.2% of B2B decision-makers use Instagram to research new products or services
- 50% of Instagram users are more interested in a brand after seeing an ad for it on Instagram
- The average Instagram business account posts once per day
- Instagram business accounts see an average of 1.46% monthly followers growth
- 2 in 3 people surveyed say Instagram enables interaction with brands.
1. 130 million accounts tap on shopping posts to learn more about products every month.
According to Instagram, at the time of different celebrations and holiday seasons, businesses actively post photos of their products and discount deals to attract more buyers as 130 million users engage with posts related to shopping to find more products every month. So, create a storefront of your business and grab more customers through Instagram Shopping.
2. 80% of respondents surveyed said they use Instagram to decide whether or not to purchase a business.
Looking at promotions and sales of different products embarks the interest of customers in the products and services and people actively follow their favorite artists and entrepreneur on Instagram about using different products so that they can make their decision to buy from a specific business. According to the survey by Instagram, 80%, of respondents surveyed said they use Instagram to decide whether or not to make a purchase from a business.
3. Over 500 million Instagram accounts use Stories every day.
If you want to show your brand digitally then Instagram Stories are the best way. People become interested in your products when they see your Stories’ ad. According to Instagram, 50% of people say they have visited a website to buy a product/service as a result of seeing it in Stories. Stories have become a powerful way to introduce your business’ creativity.
4. The average Instagram business account posts once per day.
The right time to make your products and services available to your customers is another important factor in marketing. In the era of social media marketing, you have to be actively present among your audience. Businesses all around the world post their content on daily basis on Instagram.
5. 59% of the marketers say they are buying ads on Instagram.
One of the main reasons behind buying ads on Instagram is that today the social media platforms are the most effective ways to marketing for your companies. Especially by creating creative and eye-catching. 59% of the companies are paying more for advertising on Instagram. This can lead you to achieve a strong connection between business and customers. For example, you can achieve to drive more traffic to your website.
6. Instagram is the most used app by people to follow their favorite brands.
Brands are making their place in people’s lives by making a stay-on-mind impact on their customers through visually representing their brand on Instagram. According to the source 2 in 3 people say that Instagram helps foster interactions with brands. From apparel to fitness every brand on Instagram is getting perks by their visual presence on this social network.
7. 22% of the businesses intend to increase their spend on Instagram in the coming year and not a single business and they have plans to decrease their spending on Instagram.
With the increasing number of people joining the social network the marketers are also aware of the importance of the platform and how it can drive more customers to their business so they are planning to spend more on their marketing share on Instagram.
8. 19 percent of B2C and 12 percent of B2B respondents stated Instagram was the most important social platform for their business.
The social platforms on the internet are playing their great part not only in B2C (Business to Customer) but also among B2B (Business to Business). According to Statista, Instagram is the top third platform that is crucial for marketers and they are readily spending their money on marketing through Instagram. Facebook remains to be the top choice for marketers.
9. In the US, Instagram generated $12.32 billion in 2020, with an expected $15.65 billion growth in 2021.
This stat will blow your mind, just analyze the importance of Instagram and the money people are investing in Instagram marketing. According to the source Worldwide, Instagram made $20 billion in ad revenue in 2019. This is a remarkable achievement by Instagram as it has generated so much revenue and also this is a bright sign for marketers to be interested in investing in Instagram for a flourishing business.
10. Brand Stories have an 86% completion rate.
In the Instagram Stories Benchmark Report 2020, the source researched the impact of Instagram stories in different industries such as Sports, Media, Entertainment, and Brands to study user engagement and trends. They found that Sports account Stories have the highest completion rate, at 90%. Entertainment account Stories saw the largest increase in completion rate, from 81% to 88% and Brand Stories have an 86% completion rate.
11. The average Instagram business account posts once per day.
If you want your business to grow through Instagram then make sure you post your content daily and at the right time. Researches have found the best time to post your content according to the industry that you belong. But make sure you post the idea of your business and your products with creativity and visually attractive.
12. 62% of Instagram users have clicked the call-to-action button underneath an ad.
The call-to-action ads have produced the most orders for the businesses as 62% of Instagram users have clicked the call-to-action button underneath an ad.
13. 7 out of 10 businesses use Instagram to help boost their online visibility and connect with their audiences.
7 out of 10 businesses use Instagram to help boost their online visibility and connect with their audiences. Businesses are catering to the needs of their audience in a much better way by their presence on Instagram as through Instagram they have established a better connection with their customers. More and more businesses are moving to Instagram as their marketer and they are investing more of their time and money on Instagram.
14. 73% of the US teens say they find Instagram as the best way to communicate to a brand or retail business.
If you are handling a brand whose target audience is teenagers then this stat might enlighten the importance of Instagram for your brand. Teens make up a huge share of Instagram users and according to the 2019 Piper Jaffray report “Taking Stock with Teens”. They surveyed the teens about their best way to communicate with brands and found that 73% of the US teens say they find Instagram as the best way to communicate to a brand or retail business.
To know and observe your digital marketing plan you need to make your presence as a business on Instagram to target most of your customers. Today we mentioned some of the stats to let you realize the importance of marketing your business on Instagram. Instagram has become a robust platform for businesses to market their ideas/products, to ensure a long-term relationship with their audience, to stay connected with them in their day-to-day lives. So keep creating appealing content for your target audience and capture most of your target audience only through social media.